Saturday, April 11, 2020

Participating in my First Readathon! 🧜🏾‍♀️🧜🏿‍♀️


Welcome Back, Booklovers!

I've decided to participate in the SeaMAYdenathon! I think it's the perfect way to connect with others readers and celebrate. I've never participated in a readathon before but they seem like a good way to connect with other booklovers and stick to some reading goals. And I love mermaids so a readathon themed around my favorite mythical beings is perfect.



And how fitting that one of my planned reads for the month of May features black mermaid magic!




I heard about this readathon through Leelynn's blog where there is also a sign up form to be a part of a reading team. I encourage everyone to sign up by April 30 and participate.
https://sometimesleelynnreads.com/2020/04/06/announcement-seamayden-athon-with-mir-fangirl-pixie-blog/

The prompts are doable and I love the fun names for them. I've already selected a combination of books to fit a few of the prompts.



For Siren's Call: A Song Below Water by Bethany C. Morrow


Beach Please!: The Boyfriend Project by Farrah Rochon 


Release the Kraken: With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo

Under the Sea: A Song of Wraiths and Ruin by Rosanne Brown

Sea Salt: Opposite of Always by Justin A. Reynolds


I'm sure I'll have enough time to read more prompts but for now I'm setting a goal I know I'm sure I can complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Lover of food and lore. I'm always looking to get lost in my next adventure between the pages. https://ko-fi.com/mswocreader