Sunday, June 13, 2021

The Sweetest Valentine by Lacey Baker

 

Welcome Back, Booklovers! If you've been following me for awhile you know I love small town romance. I love the cozy feelings it elicits. I enjoy how everyone in the community knows each other and are close. I love when they do the festivals everyone in town seems to be involved in. 


This is actually two holiday short stories in one. They're both sweet romance with a tv movie feel to them.  The first story is The Sweetest Valentine which follows famous actor Kelan Hunter who has come to town retracing his grandparent's steps from when they fell in love decades ago. He has their old love letters and wants to get a feel for the town for a new movie he's writing. Sydni Murray is a candy shop owner who he happens to cross paths with on his search. She's reluctant at first  since she's busy preparing for the upcoming Wine & Chocolate festival but she agrees to show him around town. 

I enjoyed the push and pull between the two. I thought they had great chemistry together and there was just enough tension to keep me invested in their story. Sydni had a bad breakup on Valentine's Day so she's got bitter feelings towards the holiday and is reluctant at love. Meanwhile for Kelan it's love at first sight and he's ready to change her mind.

Continuing in the same small town is Christmas in Sweetland. I love Christmas movies and I love Christmas romance. In this story Savannah is back in Sweetland housesitting for one of her grandmother's old friends and trying to take care of a newly inherited dog. The house decorating contest is a huge deal in town and Savannah needs to convince her Grinch of a new neighbor to join. Luke has plenty of dog training experience and she could certainly use his assistance getting her rowdy puppy under control.

This one had them starting out annoyed by each other before finding common ground. And ot was cute seeing them bond over family and Christmas decor.

So if you're looking for two cute and cheesy love stories with Black couples that give you the same feelings you get when you watch a TV movie I suggest checking this one out. 

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Lover of food and lore. I'm always looking to get lost in my next adventure between the pages. https://ko-fi.com/mswocreader