Monday, February 15, 2021

Passionfruit: A Prompt-Based Journal for the Self Reflective Black Woman


Welcome Back, Booklovers! Every so often someone sends me something unexpected that I enjoy.  This indie published journal by Mimi Oseni was one of those things. I'm not normally someone who journals. I usually have a hard time keeping up with that. I tried book journaling last year and was horrible at it. But I have alot of time to reflect lately and I'm at a stage recently where I am reflecting on my life. 


It has great prompts like "Create a playlist by listing ten songs that help you cultivate and maintain the feeling of joy" and , "What about being a Black woman brings you the most joy?" Mainly of the prompts weren't things I normally think about. Looking through it a common theme is, "What makes you happy? Or how do you plan to bring happiness into your life?" Throughout their are positive affirmations and quotes from famous Black women.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Lover of food and lore. I'm always looking to get lost in my next adventure between the pages. https://ko-fi.com/mswocreader