Wednesday, September 22, 2021

2021 Holiday Gift Guide Part 1

 

Welcome Back Booklovers! Time is flying by and Christmas will be here sooner than you think. Also with all the talk about how bad shipping is going to be over the next few months more than ever this is the perfect time to start doing some early Christmas shopping.  So we are going to start with gifts to help set the mood when you're reading. 

And to make it easy for you everything has a click through links so you don't have to hunt any companies down. And yes, I have purchased from the majority of these businesses.

Black Owned Candle Companies

I don't know about you but I love burning candles before I sit down to read especially during the winter. I can't do those BBW candles anymore though. They tend to give me headaches. Sometimes you got to pay a little more for higher quality. 

Classic scents like Vanilla, Sage, and Lavender are the key to Good Day Scents  candles which comes in scents like Black Love.


Here at WOC Read we love a Caribbean Queen and this St. Lucian owned shop Isle of Wax comes through with Caribbean inspired scents. The coconut shell they come in with the option to add seashells is a fun touch.


Wick and Glow Candle Co has candles named after 90s R&B hits. Candles boast names like So Into You and Real Love.



Chanelle Novosey Candle Co makes the cutest Frappuccino candles they're almost too pretty to burn.



Stationary, Journals, and Things!

Ever wanted to go old school and get into letter writing? Eboniismoon makes it easy with her letter writing kit.




BookishHeaux got the bookmarks! And she's showing them off with one of my favorite books! Couldn't hesitate to put one in the cart for myself.




Mimi Oseni gave us the reflective journal we needed. This journal has great prompts, quotes, and affirmations for Black women to self-reflect. These prompts will help you dig deeper into how you live and cultivate joy. Check out Passionfruit!





I didn't even know I needed this representation until I saw it. CopperandBrassPaper has greeting cards and holiday gift wrap to help you really be prepared for the holiday season.


Black Owned Yarn Businesses

For the Black girls who love to purl and stitch while listening to audiobooks I didn't forget you. And neither did Essence of Autumn with her hand dyed yarns.


Fully Spun is all about the colors when it comes to her hand dyed marled yarn.


Black Owned Tea and Coffee Brands

Oya Tea boasts simple and quality ingredients sourced from Kenya and Malawi.



Coffee Del Mundo is an Afro-Latino specialty coffee company where you can shop for coffee by destination in addition to type. 



parTea in a box from the Just Add Tea Company is perfect for an afternoon tea party. You can select your choice of tea and cake to be included. 



Many of Adjourn Teahouse signature loose leaf tea blends are inspired by the owner's Black family. Puddin' will remind you of your grandmother's banana pudding. 




2 comments:

  1. Definitely gonna get something off this list lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't need more stationary or bookmarks, but it calls me. If you're looking for more black owned yarn companies, I've heard of Onyx Fiber Arts, LolaBean Yarn Co., Mitchell's Creations, Urban Girl Yarns, Neighborhood Fiber Co., and I Feel Like Dyeing.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Lover of food and lore. I'm always looking to get lost in my next adventure between the pages. https://ko-fi.com/mswocreader