Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Christmas Data Breach by K.D. Richards

Welcome Back, Booklovers! Whenever I'm in the mood for something fast-paced and action packed with a touch of romance, I run to romantic suspense. I'm playing catch up on the West Investigation series. 


Mya is a cancer researcher who may have discovered a breakthrough treatment. But once word gets out Mya is targeted and her lab is set ablaze. After thwarting a kidnapping attempt, Mya goes to her ex husband Gideon for assistance. Gideon works for a major security firm and is determined to protect her at all costs. 

Of the first three books in the series, this is my second favorite one. I'm a big fan of action and mystery. Here you have Mya's teammates getting killed and someone hunting her down to make her the next victim. Plus we all know big pharma is all about the money and there's plenty of motive for someone to steal Mya's work and get rich. Mya and Gideon have great chemistry together and second chance romance is a favorite of mine because I love reading about people reconnecting. 

Despite the title don't expect any Christmas besides a brief mention of Christmas lights. This book could've been set during any time of the year. I would've actually liked to see Mya and Gideon spend Christmas together. But despite that we still get many great moments between the two. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Lover of food and lore. I'm always looking to get lost in my next adventure between the pages. https://ko-fi.com/mswocreader