Monday, October 31, 2022

Zombierella by Joseph Coelho

Zombierella is the first in the Fairytales Gone Bad series which is a three part twisted classics retelling series. 


Zombierella starts off much like the classic Cinderella with an invitation from the prince to the 3 day ball.  However while home cleaning the night of the ball, she slips down the stairs and dies! Death visits her and brings her back to life. Zombierella is whisked way in her mushroom carriage to the ball where she meets the Vampire Prince.

This was a fun way to retell a classic story with a creepier twist. I liked the illustrations throughout. I wasn't fan of the emphasis on the stepmother not being her biological mother and instead her fake mom. But I like how the author turned that around at the end. The illustrations throughout are great and I love the attention to detail on the textures of the girls hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Lover of food and lore. I'm always looking to get lost in my next adventure between the pages. https://ko-fi.com/mswocreader