Wednesday, April 19, 2023

A Black Romance for Every US State

Welcome Back, Booklovers! A couple years ago I kept hearing people in the book community say there's not enough Black Romance. And while there can always be more, I felt people weren't really looking and were only focusing on what's in the mainstream. There's probably a Black Romance for all 50 states I joked with a friend. And soon a challenge was born! I decided I wanted to make a list with a Black Romance set in every US State. And I didn't want to keep repeating the same authors over and over. Because people often suggest the same Black authors over and over. So I reached out on Twitter and had people submit me Black romances from all over. I'm happy to say I found romances for all but 4 states: Idaho, New Hampshire South Dakota, and North Dakota. And to be fair they're all states I can't imagine have many Black residents. So if you know any set in these states that aren't written by authors I've already listed, please comment below and I'll add them.



Alabama-Something She Can Feel by Grace Octavia

Alaska- When It Feels So Right by Celeste O Norfleet

Arizona- Desert Heat by Janice Sims

Arkansas- L by Kimille

California-A Cowboy to Remember by Rebekah Weatherspoon

Colorado- Claiming His Christmas Inheritance by C.J. Carroll

Connecticut- Love In the Red Zone by Love Belvin

Delaware-Say Cheese by Desiree Francies

Florida- What Happens in Miami by Nadine Gonzalez

Georgia-Mechanics of Love by Meka James

Hawaii-Pleasure Rush by Farrah Rochon 

Idaho-

Illinois- Single AF by Sherelle Green



Indiana- Games of the Heart by Pamela Yaye

Iowa- Somebody That I Used to Know by Dana L Davis

Kansas-Night Song by Beverly Jenkins    


Kentucky- Something About You by Bridget Anderson 

Louisiana- French Quarter Kisses by Zuri Day

Maine- No Ordinary Christmas by Belle Calhoune

Maryland-The Cowboy's Claim by Nina Crespo

Massachusetts-Falling into Forever by Phyllis Bourne

Michigan- It’s Not Me, It’s You by Elle Wright

Minnesota-Snowed in with the Doctor by Dara Girard

Mississippi- Homecoming by Rochelle Alers

Missouri- Road to Temptation by Terra Little

Montana- A Kiss at the Mistletoe Ranch by Kathy Douglass


Nebraska- A Groom for Purity by Parker J. Cole

Nevada-Noble Love by Te Russ

New Hampshire-

New Jersey-Liquor & Laundry by Tasha L Harrison

New Mexico- Then Came You by Kianna Alexander

New York-Overheated for Summer by Lula White

North Carolina- Careless Whispers by Synithia Williams

North Dakota-

Ohio-Until Now- Kayla Perrin

Oklahoma- A Quiet Hope by Embassie Susberry

Oregon- Mixed Match by Mia Heintzelman

Pennsylvania-Good Old Soul by Aja



Rhode Island-His 1-800 Wife by Shirley Hailstock

South Carolina-Open Your Heart by Cheris Hodges

South Dakota-

Tennessee-Claiming the Doctor's Heart by Sean D. Young

Texas- Take It by Shae Sanders

Utah- A Stallions Touch by Deborah Fletcher Mello 

Vermont- Christmas in Evergreen: Bells are Ringing by Lacey Baker

Virginia-Case of Desire by Jacquelin Thomas

Washington - Since the Day we Met by Kay Shanae

West Virginia-Build a Mate by Janice Croom

Wisconsin- Something New by Sharon C Cooper

Wyoming- The Marriage He Demands by Brenda Jackson

Washington, DC-If You Love Something by Jayce Ellis 


4 comments:

  1. Love this! This makes me want to try to read each book within the next two years. I’m not surprised there aren’t any Black books set in the Dakotas, New Hampshire or Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has to be at least one because Theodora Taylor has done every state! 😁

      Delete
    2. Well if she did one of the states I'm missing lemme know

      Delete
  2. What a most excellent idea! I'm bookmarking this list.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Lover of food and lore. I'm always looking to get lost in my next adventure between the pages. https://ko-fi.com/mswocreader