Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Picture Book Roundup

Welcome Back Booklovers! Today I thought it would be a good idea to do a blog post about recent picture books I read for review. I'm always discovering new picture books and I don't always post about them here because my reviews are usually just few sentences. But these are books I think people need to hear about.


Ballet With Heart: Written by Emily Joof, Illustrated by Sawyer Cloud

This is a fun story about a brother and sister who start ballet classes for the first time. It's also filled with some extras about ballet dancers of color and inclusive ballet houses. 




The Together Tree: Written by Aisha Saeed, Illustrated by LeUyen Pham 

A picture book that tells children about the power they have to stand up against intolerance and making a classmate who's different feel welcome.




Fudgesicle: Written by Tinee Furbert, Illustrated by Gherdai Hassell

Novi's mother tells her about all the varying shades of brown within their family and neighborhood by relating them to the sweet treats at the local ice cream shop. Also features locations familiar to Bermuda. 




Platanos Go With Everything: Written by Lissette Norman, Illustrated by Sara Palacios

A Dominican family shows their love through food in this ode to platanos!




Babajoon's Treasure: Written by Farnaz Esnaashari, Illustrated by Nabi H. Ali 

A girl spends the day with her grandfather. While they go around town she sees him speak a different language, collect treasures, use special coins an assumes he must be a pirate.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Lover of food and lore. I'm always looking to get lost in my next adventure between the pages. https://ko-fi.com/mswocreader