Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Winedown Wednesday



Welcome Back,

It's been a little over a week since I posted a new blog.  It's been a very busy reading month for me. Right now I'm in the midst of trying to finish 3 books over the next 3 days. So I decided to grab a glass, relax, and give you an update on my week in reading. Welcome to Winedown Wednesdays!



I finally decided to try audiobooks after years of people telling me to give them a chance. So I decided to try a free trial of audible.



My journey with audiobooks thus far has been hit and miss. Why is it so hard to find a good narrator who truly captures the essence of the main character? So far I've listened to Sex, Murder and a Double Latte,  Death in D Minor, Daughters of Nri, and The AI Who Love Me. 

Death in D Minor was my very first audiobook and I don't understand the choice of narrator.  The lead character is African-American and it would've been great if they found a narrator from the same background.  The bad narration actually ruined the book for me to the point where it factored into my low rating. In the future I'm going to revisit the book without narration to see if I like it more.

I wanted to love The AI Who Loved Me and was excited for it's star-studded cast. But damn if Regina Hall didn't narrator like she was reading the phone book. She killed the momentum for me. And I know it would've been a lot but I was hoping since they had so many narrators that each would take turns voicing particular characters.

I'm currently listening to A Princess in Theory and I'm still determining how I feel about the narration. But the story line is good so far. I'm picturing this as a Netflix movie in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Lover of food and lore. I'm always looking to get lost in my next adventure between the pages. https://ko-fi.com/mswocreader