Friday, December 2, 2022

Jump in by Shadra Strickland

Welcome Back Booklovers! I'm often looking for picture books for my nieces and nephews and when I find them I wanna share them with the world. So Bloomsbury sent me an arc of a new picture book that has officially been nephew approved.



Jump In! is a book that through beautiful illustrations highlights a community at play on a warm summer day. The kids are outside jumping rope like how my friends and I used to as a child. Even some of the elders in the neighborhood jump in to show off their moves! We need more picture books like this one where Black kids can just be.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to see this “nephew approved” review! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Lover of food and lore. I'm always looking to get lost in my next adventure between the pages. https://ko-fi.com/mswocreader