Tuesday, January 14, 2020

My January-March TBR



My TBR is ever growing. Every time I get halfway through it I'm either gifted a bunch of new books or there's some books on sale for $1.99.  Here are all  the books on my TBR for January, February and early March.

Daughters of Nri by Reni K Amayo
I actually pre-ordered this last year. I've just been so busy reading other books. But I'm finally starting this one because it's the book on January for the Brown Girls Book Club. Isn't that cover gorgeous?

With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo 

I've heard so many great things about this book. This was a Christmas gift and I just know I'll love it.

Egg Drop Dead by Vivien Chen
I want to read more cozy mystery but I get bored of the ones with only white leads. This one has a biracial lead and the lead runs a Noodle shop. I only read one book in the series so far and this is the fifth book of a 6 book series. I received an arc from St. Martin's Press.

A Phoenix First Must Burn Edited by Patrice Caldwell

I won an arc in a giveaway run by Bookish First(use my referral code f2f0690dd0768f611 when you sign up to earn an extra 100 points towards free books) and this is one of my most anticipated books of the year.  It's a Black girl magic anthology with 16 black YA fantasy stories by black female authors.

Silverworld by Diana Abu-Jaber



I received an arc of this one from Random House Children's Crown Books for Young Readers. I like reading Middle Grade Fantasy because unlike YA Fantasy  there's no romance so they focus more on the action and world building.  And there's more diverse MG fantasies being released this year


Lemon Filled Disaster by Tyra Moody

I heard good things about the other books in this series and I love to read mysteries by black authors. So when I saw this for $.99 you know I had to make a purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Lover of food and lore. I'm always looking to get lost in my next adventure between the pages. https://ko-fi.com/mswocreader