Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Things I've Learned While Running a Book Blog


Hey Booklovers, 

So I've been officially running this blog consistently for 6 months and a lot has changed since the beginning.  This is my first time running a blog so everything has been a learning experience. Here's some great tips I learned along the way.


1. Promote, promote, promote! Once you start to have a blog you need to post about it everywhere.  A social media presence will really help with you getting consistent views on blog posts.


2. You'll compare yourself to other book bloggers with a steady following. Even if they've got a smaller following you'll wonder why their  Bookstagram page looks so effortless while you have to do so much staging of yours. How their picture of a coffee cup, their Kindle, and and a candle looks so perfect. What hashtags are they using to get more views and why aren't they getting you nearly enough? 

3.  You'll get more arcs(advanced reader copies) but still have to push for the publishers to give you the chance to review the more popular titles. Especially as a Black blogger I sometimes find it harder to get arcs of the Black books.

4. Consistency is key! The more often you post the more you'll keep a steady audience.  Try and  post content as often as possible.

5. Reach out to authors! They have books they want to promote and most likely they're books  you're already reading. If you can reach out to authors and help amplify each other.



Just a few books on my shelf


1 comment:

  1. I have created and deleted a lot blogs because I didn't have an audience. The only thing that has been consistent has been my bookstagram. Thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Lover of food and lore. I'm always looking to get lost in my next adventure between the pages. https://ko-fi.com/mswocreader