Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Books I'd Like to See Become TV Shows or Movies

 

Welcome Back, Booklovers. It's the end of the year and I'm reflecting on my reads again. And this time I'm thinking of the books I read that could make good movies or tv series. I'm listening books that at the time of this posting haven't announced a tv or movie rights deal yet. Are there any books you'd like to se get an adaptation? Do you agree with my choices? Comment below!


The Year of the Witching by Alexis Henderson. I think it would make a good movie and the vibes would be prefect for a Halloween release.  While it's not heavy on the magical powers it's got great character writing and I think people will be intrigued by just how far The Prophet and his men will go.




The Record Keeper by Agnes Gomillion would make an interesting dystopian series. I think the school and the village provide the perfect backdrops for episodic adventures.




You Had Me at Hola is already written like a telenovela and it has the show within a show part down pat.




The Jumbies would make a good series but they would definitely have to cast Caribbean actors from the children to the gods to the adults in the village. But there's a good amount of storyline there for a mini series.




Now The I've Found You is the teen rom-com movie we need. Two young artists running around NY during the summer trying to track down a famed actress is just asking to become a film.




Wouldn't Oh My Gods make the cutest series for the younger set? I thought it did a good job capturing that fun feeling of coming into your teen years and experiencing crushes and new friends. But it has the added twist of the embarrassing family being a group of Gods.


3 comments:

  1. I totally agree about The Year of the Witching by Alexis Henderson! What if it was shot in the style of Sin City or Schindler's List like the cover sort of is? I was thinking The Jumbies would be cool if they did it like Gullah Gullah Island and had some puppets to accompany the Carribean cast. I'm adding Oh My Gods to my tbr now!! Oh! Hear me out. What about The City We Became by NK Jemisin animated like Bitter Root or the old school Aeon Flux series? Great blog as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Jumbies tone is a little too dark to do it Gullah Gullah Island style.

      I could see The Year of the Witching shot in the style of Sin City.

      Delete
  2. I think The Record Keeper would be a great show. It sorta has the dark academia vibes that seem to be trending now too.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Lover of food and lore. I'm always looking to get lost in my next adventure between the pages. https://ko-fi.com/mswocreader